Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Unconditional Love: all bark no bite


This piece is definitely for men and women. I’m obviously writing this from a woman’s point of view (for those of you that didn’t know I was a female), BUT it can definitely go either way…  I know you boys have experienced heartbreak and the same sentiments as us. Don’t act like you haven’t and are unbreakable…. you have confided in me during your dark times. So, replace the word man for woman and you’ve got yourself an entry to please all the sexes…. Enjoy


“Dogs never bite me. Just humans” – Marilyn Monroe

Having a dog has personally taught me so much about true, unconditional love.  REAL love. My dog, Tigerlily, is the perfect companion in my opinion. Now, her and I bite one another muhaha, I did teach her this, just a couple bitches playing around, but that is all in good fun. She has NEVER and would NEVER hurt me physically. Our emotional bond is so strong I don’t think she would know how to hurt me emotionally like say ... a guy would.

SERIOUSLY WHAT ARE Y’ALL? What do I call y’all? Boys, men, guys? A male's answer would be nice.

The only thing I think a dog takes more personally than a human (except maybe a woman to a man J) is when their owner and companion leaves town. Oh, how I wish they could understand. I will always come back for you, always.

It seems silly to compare a dog’s love to a man’s love, but is it really that far fetched? The bar SHOULD be set that high and we need to remember that (especially me and I'm sure some of you). Shouldn’t the person you are meant to be with want to be around you constantly, want to go on your funny adventures, beg to hang out with you all the time and love all of your friends, take you on their funny adventures, lay in bed with you for hours not speaking (obviously) but having the comfort and company of one another be enough…words aren’t necessary. When I’m upset, Tigerlily comes running to me licking the tears off my face, because I can tell my pain is causing her pain. That is what a partner should do. That is how a partner should feel.  If you’re into to licking then lick, but my point is if a wonderful simple minded animal, can get over and forget about them being punished for doing something wrong and continue to be just as loving as they’ve always been, then a human, who has the gift of speech should not waste their time on fights and harboring feelings about what has just happened (GUILTY on all counts), concentrate on the LOVE. Treat others in life especially anyone in any kind of relationship (friend or partner) how your dog would treat them. Don't hold a grudge (guilty) and love each other unconditionally. 

Don’t settle, don’t try to force love. We do not make our dogs like us, they LOVE us because their ability to love is black and white. They sense the good in all of us and give us everything they have without any instruction or hesitation. No holding back…. Even the dogs with the worst manners love us so fully, completely, unreservedly, absolutely, I only wish to find that kind of love in a man one day, we sure as hell deserve it, every one of us. This world would be a better place if we were all just a little more like our dogs.


xoxo,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment