Monday, October 7, 2013

Great Expectations...... One SHAT on the cuckoos nest


Height: 5’10
Weight: 5 ton
Age: 27
Sex: Female
Marital Status: SINGLE
Job: Unemployed aka BETWEEN JOBS
Financial Status: Broke

Every expectation of my late 20s is out the window, and please point me to the girl that has it all (being the complete opposite of my current stats) I need to meet her, stalk her, and copy her life.

We aren’t supposed to peak yet, correct? Or is this our peak? I need some clarification. Do we get better with age or is that men? ARE WE THE FINE WINE? I mean I know we get better at some things but this better not be the beginning of the end.

“Late 20s” can fuck themselves. I’m all about the early thirties. Sounds fun. Sounds young. More time to find ourselves. Figure out our passions. More mature (not really), but we get the “oh she’s 30, she’s mature” benefit before we completely trash your lake house we’ve rented out for a “girls weekend”. Skinnier because we are broke and haven’t eaten in years. My long hippie hair that has never been able to get to its prime length will get its big chance to grow, COME ON GIRL, GROW. I won’t be able to afford to cut it till I’m thirty so I’m really looking forward to that HAIR.

I’ll be so focused on finding my new career for the next couple years that I won’t have time to look for a boy/man whatever y’all are. You know what that means … “the second you stop looking; is the second you find love” …. Whatever. We’ll see. So far, early 30s sound like the BEST TIME EVER.  Passionate about my job that I’m employed by, knowing who I am, knowing I can still out drink and out party you 20 year old babies. Running through fields of flowers skinny as hell with my longgggggggggg hair. Going home to my guy that I “wasn’t” looking for…..

So, what I’m saying is even if I personally can’t grasp or believe it yet, if you aren’t where you want to be yet don’t give up. It IS just the beginning and we have so much to look forward to in life. I’m reading what I’m writing and it gives me hope and excitement though I don’t 100% believe it,  I won’t stop praying for guidance till I am where God wants me to be…. Which apparently wasn’t INDIA…… JOKES ON ME ………………………… HA……………

Xoxo,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment